Call Admissions and Registration
at 668-8710 or email admissions@yukoncollege.yk.ca or toll free at 1-800-661-0504 and ask for Admissions.

Yukon College Home Programs College Access Pathways

College Access Pathways

School of Academic and Skill Development

t. 867.668.8850 OR toll free 1.800.661.0504    f.867.668.8899


Program Description

Going to back to school can be one of the most exciting decisions you make; it can also be a little overwhelming. Our School of Academic and Skill Development advisors are available to help you through the system. Please contact us if you are interested in the College Access Pathways program or courses.

The College Access Pathways program enables students to obtain prerequisites to meet admission requirements for programs at Yukon College and other academic institutions. Program advisors can assist students in the selection of College Access Pathways courses that will provide a pathway to their chosen field of study and education goals. Students may be able to take one or more courses from a future field of study while completing their program prerequisites. Students may, in addition to working on prerequisites, obtain the College Access Pathways diploma from Yukon College.

Admission Requirements

  • English 10 (min. 65%); OR
  • Mature Student Status with acceptable scores on Yukon College Assessments or GED® test.

Other Requirements

See course prerequisites on the program pages of our website under the Course List tab.

Yukon First Nations Core Competency

Yukon College recognizes that a greater understanding and awareness of Yukon First Nations history, culture and journey towards self-determination will help to build positive relationships among all Yukon citizens. As a result, you will be required to achieve core competency in knowledge of Yukon First Nations. For details, please see www.yukoncollege.yk.ca/yfnccr.


Tuition for credit programs is calculated per course credit. See Tuition and Fees.

Ancillary Fees pdf 21 KB

Students must purchase their textbooks. Paper and other supplies are the responsibility of the student. Math students will require a scientific calculator.

In addition to tuition, students are required to pay a student council fee and a mandatory technology fee.


Students who are returning to College Access Pathways within two years of their last attendance date only need to re-apply at Admissions if a re-admit letter is needed for a sponsor, or to update personal changes such as mailing address, phone number, or name. New applicants or students who are changing programs must apply at Admissions and receive their letter of acceptance prior to seeing a program advisor. The letter of acceptance must be shown to the program advisor.

Program advising

Acceptance into the program does not guarantee enrollment. An appointment must be made with a program advisor who will help students to determine a pathway to their program of choice and to select courses for the term. Some courses have limited enrollment, so students are encouraged to register early.

Book an appointment

Independent study

Independent study courses may be available to students who are unable to attend College Access Pathways English and Math classes. Subject specific assistance is available through the Academic Support Centre, but note that support services are more readily available during the fall and winter terms. Please make a program advising appointment to for more information and to determine if this is an available option.

Student financial assistance and tuition

If you want information about financial assistance, please contact Student Services. Students are encouraged to have sponsorship or payment of tuition arranged before meeting with a program advisor. This will enable students to be registered in their courses without delay and purchase textbooks and additional supplies in order to be prepared for the first day of classes. Acceptance into the program does not guarantee a space. Payment of tuition and mandatory fees must be made to guarantee a seat.

Non-academic supports

If you are looking for non-academic supports such as help with the admissions process, admissions process, personal counselling, childcare, orientation, and other supports then please contact Student Services.